The Immigrant Student Education Act
In today's global economy, our diverse youth are our most valuable resource. With the help of Assembly Bill 540, The Immigrant Student Education Act, undocumented students are eligible for in-state tuition at California's public colleges and universities.
- Attended a California high school for 3 or more years
- Graduated from a California high school or obtained the equivalent of a High School Diploma
- May not be a non-immigrant holding a valid lettered non-immigrant visa
- Must file an affidavit stating that he/she meets the above requirements and will apply for residency as soon as he/she becomes eligible
- Registered or currently enrolled at an accredited public institution of higher education in California (CA Community College, CSU, UC)