Thursday, November 12, Bay Area
Ballot Box Budgeting and Initiative Reform
- What’s wrong with the current initiative process?
- Should the initiative process allow for legislative review and amendment of qualified measures?
- Should initiative measures that cost state funds identify how they will be paid for?
- How can the initiative process allow more thoughtful expert analysis, reflection and mid-course review to improve policies enacted by the people?
- What measures are pending in the Legislature relating to initiative reform?